Saturday, February 20, 2010

Day 18: "A short stocking usually reaching to the calf or just above the ankle."


My current obsession with funky socks stems from my very first class of my grad school program. I enrolled in the Lesley University in the "Integrating Creative Arts" program with several friends from work. The very first night we all got in a big circle to do...something. I can't remember exactly, but I *do* remember that we all took off our shoes and I looked around and everyone in the class had super cute socks. I mean every.one.

Me? I think I was wearing plain black ones I bought in a 6-pack at Target. I was very low-maintenance when it came to my footwear. However, I was mortified that I had such boring socks!

I mentioned it to my mom and, being my mommy, guess what she did? That's right, started buying me socks, something she still does.

I like to think my habit of not matching my socks to my outfit but very frequently, or wearing Halloween socks in December (because they matched my outfit) mark me as being "quirky" but really, I'm just a slacker and I hit the snooze button too many times most mornings and I'm usually struggling to get ready on time in the mornings.

No comments:

Post a Comment