Saturday, February 13, 2010

Day 10: The Tori Post



Drinking Pyramid Apricot always reminds me of Tori Amos. The first time I went to see her, I was all hopped up on pain meds...because I partially tore my MCL the day before the concert. Being more of a vodka drinker than a beer drinker, I told my boyfriend at the time to get me something light and girly tasting. I was trying to abstain from the hard stuff because Percocet + vodka= Amy not remembering the concert. He got me a 6-pack of this beer and I was in love.

Flash forward about 4 years and I'm heading to see Tori at Red Rocks, where, if you've never seen a concert at Red Rocks, I highly recommend you do so before you die. You can stay with me! I'm still a vodka girl, but, you know, it's hard to drink vodka, even with a mixer, while it's still daylight without feeling like or looking like much of a lush. So, again, I went to the Apricot Ale.

I highly recommend *not* drinking a full 6-pack of this stuff on an empty stomach. It starts to taste like the peach syrup at Denny's and it does NOT taste as good the second time around.

This particular beer was my reward for making it through another Wednesday without losing my mind.

No comments:

Post a Comment