Monday, March 1, 2010

Day 24: Look Ma! I Can Spell!


Boo is a pretty smart kid. Babe taught him his letters when he was about 19 months old, and he loooooves to read. We've been working on letter sounds and recognizing his name lately, so when he gets to Kindergarten, he's not the only kid that has NO clue what his name is.

Oh, and no, Babe and I aren't going to be the psycho parents that try and force their kids to read when they're 3 and play full concertos on the piano when they're 5. I mean, we're both teachers so we *know* that early literacy, while important, isn't the end-all, be-all.

I am, however, pretty damn proud of Boo. He spelled his name all by himself (with just a little bit of help from mom.) :0)

ETA: I'm aware that this post is out of order. As soon as I can figure out how to scramble posts, it'll be fixed...or it'll stay here in its jumbled glory.

No comments:

Post a Comment