Sunday, March 28, 2010

Day 56: "Give crayons..."


Adults are disturbingly impoverished of these magical dream sticks."
~Dr SunWolf

I loved coloring. My favorite coloring books, back in the day were "The Gingham Girls"...anyone? The pictures were sharply outlined in black, the spaces to color were ranged from "just small enough" to "really big" and the scenes reminded me of Little House on the Prairie. Somewhere along the way, I forgot how calming it is to sit down with a pastoral scene, ponder crayon choices, and shade in the picture.

My friend, Lisa, mentioned on FB that she was coloring in a Hello Kitty picture and she had a brand-new box of crayons, complete with pointy ends. My long-lost love of the coloring book flooded my brain, so on my trip to Target, I found a Keroppi coloring book in the $1 Spot, so I got it.

Sitting down, with Boo's crayons, brought me back to my childhood...but I really need my own box. His are all worn down and are missing the labels.

No comments:

Post a Comment